Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Love New York

I have lived in several places across the grid, including my own island, which I turned into a nature preserve. But that's not what I'm here to talk about.

I currently live in perhaps my favorite estate in all of SL (aside from my former island, though even there it's pretty close), owned by New York Healthlink, a RL organization that does some great work. On the estate, which is comprised of approximately 20 sims and growing, the hospital training building and the health information centers don't really stand out unless you're looking for them because, though they want the information available to the public, they don't want to make it overwhelming. Otherwise, it's simply a gorgeously designed region with some of the best quality builds available in SL today.

I personally live in a brownstone in Midstate, with my jewelry shop around the block across from the jazz club. One of the greatest things about the estate, aside from the realism of it all, is that it's so vast, with each sim a bit different from the other - more representative of the different regions of the RL state. On weekends my RL mom and I like to go exploring.

Each trip we see so much but are always left with the feeling that there's so much more to experience. We've gone boat riding, have ridden the train that goes across the whole estate, have shopped til we dropped, have bowled (I won!!), and have even ridden the sweet cyclone roller coaster - and I would never ride a roller coaster IRL.

Today we set off again, with no particular path in mind. We got in some stress relief boxing at the Breast Cancer Awareness Center in Triborough, had coffee in a cafe, stopped into a movie theater, checked out some art galleries in Soho, and climbed the massively tall lighthouse in Montauk, and seriously that staircase is not for the faint of heart!







Montauk Lightouse


While wandering around, I spotted what appeared to be a Mini-Cooper parked on the street in front of a brownstone. Now, the owner of the car wasn't the same as that of the brownstone, so I figured someone had left it there. I examined it to see if the keys were in and lo and behold! the car started.  Mom was a few streets over and I wanted her to ride with me so I crunched and crashed my way to her and it's a good thing you can't hurt prims because I would've been in serious trouble.

In fact, maybe I was already in trouble. Here I am crashing into buildings in a stolen car! I was a joyriding fool! As I made my way to mom, I noticed an estate manager nearby. So I hauled ass (as much as I could) and screeched up to mom, "get in quick!"

The estate manager got closer.

"Put it in gear Mildred," I shouted to mom from the driver side. "Get in now 'cause I gotta get outta here!"

Mom hopped in the car just as the manager walked by. She simply meandered past us and waved. "Good thing NY doesn't have a jail," I sighed with relief. I made my way back to where I stole the car with mom from the passenger seat making fun of my driving skillz the whole way. With a screech and the sound of breaking glass, I parked the best I could next to the curb and jumped out.

Mom and I decided to get our own car and travel that way as it would be a bit faster than running through the streets. Sim crossings were rough and proved to be the end of our journey, as you'll see.

This was a winding road on a cliff overlooking the ocean





At the Autism Awareness Center in Health Village in Western NY

Diabetes Center, Health Village
My jewelry shop in Midstate
Sim crossing into Hudson. It was my fault I hadn't built up enough speed first to race across!
So, if you've never been to NY HealthLink estate, I can't recommend it enough for a good time. I haven't even done half of the activities there. And if you're going there, why not start your trip at my lil ol' shop. It's as good as any other starting point, hehe 



No comments:

Post a Comment